These are rumors for the upcoming sequel, Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb.
- Skyler Gisondo will replace Jake Cherry for the role of Nick Daley.
- Ricky Gervais will return as Dr. McPhee.
- Rebel Wilson will join the film as a security guard at the British Museum.
- There are possibilities that Vanessa Hudgens, Ken Jeong, Walton Goggins, Giancarlo Esposito, Jeremy Renner, Marion Cottilard, Rachel Weisz, Anthony Hopkins and Ewan McGregor might appear.
- Vanessa Hudgens might join as Pocahontas.
- Ewan McGregor might join as Robin Hood.
- Anthony Hopkins might join as Merlin.
- Rachel Weisz might join as Guineviere.
- Marion Cottilard might join as Maid Marian.
- Ben Kingsley joins as a Powerful Pharoah on display at the British Museum, who is Ahkmenrah's father.
- On March 3rd, at 4:27 PM, Brennan Elliot confirmed he is filming.
- Louriza Tronco will play Andrea, the most popular senior at Nick Daley's high school, and Nick's possible love interest.
- Andrea Martin may play Larry's mother.
- Dan Stevens joins as Sir Lancelot, as the film's main antagonist.
- Sir Lancelot may be a good guy and not a villain, as the trailer showed no evil of him, though he may show his true nature when the film is released, as he experienced his rejection from Guinevere like in mythology.
- It may involve Larry getting married to the girl at the end of Battle of the Smithsonian, and honeymooning to London to take a good look around British Museums. While his son, Nick covers him by taking over for him.
- Nick might have broken into London to steal something, and might be taken in custody by Larry, as they both end up with Teddy, Sacagawea, Attila, Ahkmenrah, Dexter, Jedediah and Octavius into going into London.
- Robert, Cecil's son, may have let loose Sir Lancelot to keep Larry busy, when he finds a great weapon.
- Larry might get a promotion after the next year.
- Ahkmenrah's father could secretly be evil.
- Teddy, Sacagawea, Attila, Dexter and a Caveman version of Larry, who believes Larry to be his father may be shipped to London for entrapment.
- It is possible that the Government may want to shut down the Tablet and have Ahkmenrah's father killed in the sunrise, though Lancelot might pretend to be a good guy to use Ahkmenrah's father to block the sun to start Fimbulwinter, the "mighty winter".
- The opening scene may begin with the Tablet coming to the Museum of Natural History in 1952, which would be 61 years prior to the beginning of the magic coming to the exhibits.
- The Tablet's repowering like Ahkmenrah's father did might cause a huge blackout, while Lancelot blocks the sun by using Excalibur to absorb the energy to rebuild Camelot from the Thirteen Colonies (Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, Connecticut, Massachusetts Bay, Maryland, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Virginia, New York, North Carolina and Rhode Island and Providence Plantations) with stones that he might've hid under ground to rebuild Camelot, and plunge the worlds he used into the ocean, similar to the documentary film, World Without Sun.
- It airs on Christmas, December 19th, 2014.
- Filming will start in February.
- Casting call will begin on February 5 & 6.
- Filming around W 63rd St and Central Park West in NYC. Signs also spotted around W 77th St and Central Park W (near American Museum of Natural History) in NYC.